Sunday, February 9, 2014

We should listen when God speaks

Today at church the sermon spoke directly to my heart, however I don't think it spoke to me the way it would have spoked to others.  Yet still, I was inspired.   The sermon was about the story in Acts when Saul (later Paul) was lowered from the wall after his transformation to escape from the Jewish leaders who wanted to persecute him the way he had persecuted Christians before him. The point of the sermon that our pastor made was that the people who lowered Saul from the wall did not receive any credit and are nameless in history however without the Saul would not have been able to do what he did.  The second point he made was that Saul had to trust them enough to get in the basket and lowered down.   How amazing is that?  To think that if Saul hadn't asked for help he would have been killed and the majority of the New Testament would not have been written...can you imagine????

No comments:

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...