Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lent

So my bible study thing isn't going too well. I'm reading and studying more than I have in the past but I think I put too much structure to it for me to follow so I'm modifying it to 15-30 minutes per day of God time with the end goal of reading the entire bible and understanding the context and meaning behind what I read. 
With that being said I do not normally make Lenten sacrifices as it is not a part of my religious tradition. I love the beauty of lent and I do try to do something to better myself in God during the season but it is rare that I actually give something up or make a daily challenge type of thing. This year I am going to do something different though. I love getting mail and sending it. I just wrote a letter to my Grandmother which is something I do randomly because I know she appreciates them over emails and Facebook messages. And I'm sure other people appreciate them to. So I'm going to send a letter/card to someone different who I don't see as much as I would like to for the remainder of lent. Hopefully I can make their days a little brighter :) 

1 comment:

Kim said...

i posted about Lent today too!

PCS Updates

 Wow I can't believe it's been almost 3 months! SO much has happened and I honestly feel like I've barely had a chance to breath...